A selection of important Buddhist films will be screened in Delhi at ICCR from April 28 (Saturday) to May 1(Tuesday) 2012, after a gap of 17 years, when Netpac has screened them in 1995 for the first time. This festival is a follow-up to the International Buddhist Conclave held last year in November.
The films explore themes dealing with happiness, seeking peace and contentment, redemption, reconciliation, simplicity, forgiveness, generosity, helping the community, creativity, homour and personal transformation.
The following film personalities would be attending the Buddhist Festival.
- HAL – The Director Yoon Yong-jin will be available for interviews
- SANKARA - Thumindu Dodantenna, a very famous star in Srilanka
- ABINIKMANA - Reincarnation- Challenges and complexities of a Buddhist monk. The world premier of the Buddhist film, Director, Hector Kumarasiri will be present
- AMONGST WHITE CLOUDS - The Director of the film Edward A. Burger would available for interviews. He is one of the only few foreigners to have lived and studied with these elusive hermit monks/practitioners. The film is inspired in part by the noted book by Bill Porter (Red Pine), Road To Heaven: Encounters With Chinese Hermits
- PEACE IS EVERY STEP - Director, Gaetano Kazuo Maida is the Executive Director of International Buddhist Film Festival. A documentary